Knowledge and skills for the New Asian Economy
B Academy Asia aims to deepen the connections between the B Movement and academia. Our mission is to develop the knowledge and skills required to build the New Asian Economy—one in which success is measured according to the wellbeing of individuals, communities, and the natural environment.
The B Movement has made significant gains in recent years. More than 2,200 B Corps around the world, 60 of them in Asia, meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems. Together, B Corps lead a growing movement of people using business as a force for good.™
Much work remains to be done. To build on this progress, we are developing ways to measure our impact, to share best practices, to improve in the areas where gaps still remain, and to turn a critical lens on each stage of the process, thereby creating a system of continual learning. B Academy Asia does this by using case studies and datasets to build theories, and by using theory to develop smart public policy. We believe that the B Movement and academia can work in concert, each expanding on the other’s strengths, to build a more inclusive, equitable, and sustainable economy.
The B Academy community comprises hundreds of researchers, teachers, students. This site facilitates collaboration and sharing within that community by providing a virtual professional network, a repository of research and educational resources, and a comprehensive listing of upcoming events and open calls related to the B Movement. We hope that the coordinating efforts here enable people around the world to contribute their own perspectives and deepen our understanding of the New Asian Economy.
What is B Corp Asia?
B Corp Asia is a coalition that serves the Asian movement of people using business as a force good™. We are a strategic partner of the U.S.–based nonprofit B Lab. Our vision is to create a New Asian Economy, in which companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the Best for the World®.
- Building an Asian community of Certified B Corporations™ who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability;
- Promoting our mission by using innovative corporate structures like the benefit corporation to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses become more sustainable and resilient;
- Helping tens of thousands of businesses, investors, and institutions Measure What Matters, by using the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics to manage their impact—and the impact of the businesses with whom they work—as rigorously as they measure and manage their profits;
- Connecting B Corporations, governments, investors, academics, media, and other movement drivers to support one another in pursuing this vision;
- Inspiring millions to join the B Movement.
What are B Corporations?
B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Today, there is a growing community of more than 2,200 Certified B Corps from 50 countries and over 130 industries working together toward one unifying goal: to redefine success in business.